The Global War On You Know Who

"The West is facing a concerted effort by Islamic jihadists, the motives and goals of whom are largely ignored by the Western media, to destroy the West and bring it forcibly into the Islamic world -- and to commit violence to that end even while their overall goal remains out of reach. That effort goes under the general rubric of jihad."
-- Robert Spencer

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

AHA Resigns from Dutch Parliament

Just a few of the casualties of Dutch dhimmitude:

2002: Pim Fortuyn, gunned down.

2004: Theo van Gogh, shot and knifed.

2006: Ayaan Hirsi Ali, outed and exiled.
I have said many times that I am not proud that I lied when I sought asylum in the Netherlands. It was wrong to do so. I did it because I felt I had no choice. . . . I was frightened that if I gave my real name, my clan would hunt me down and find me. . . . You probably are wondering, what is my real name?

I am Ayaan, the daughter of Hirsi, who is the son of a man who took the name of Magan. Magan was the son of Isse, who was the son of Guleid, who was the son of Ali. He was the son of Wai’ays, who was the son of Muhammad. He was the son of Ali, who was the son of Umar. Umar was the son of Osman, who was the son of Mahamud. This is my clan, and therefore, in Somalia, this is my name: Ayaan Hirsi Magan Isse Guleid Ali Wai’ays Muhammad Ali Umar Osman Mahamud.
It must be appreciated that this is much more than just some mind-numbing genealogical recitation. To adequately defend herself against the back-stabbing Dutch government -- equally at fault for not detecting her lie in the first place -- she has been forced to publicly identify exactly who she is.

It's comparable to a women's shelter offering sanctuary, only to later announce the full name and location of a battered wife on the run from a homicidal ex-husband. No longer can any bona-fide refugee feel safe in The Netherlands.

And now that she's resigned from Parliament, what happens to her police protection?
. . . it is difficult to live with so many threats on your life and such a level of police protection. It is difficult to work as a parliamentarian if you have nowhere to live. All that is difficult, but not impossible. It has become impossible since last night, when Minister Verdonk informed me that she would strip me of my Dutch citizenship.

I am therefore preparing to leave Holland. But the questions for our society remain. The future of Islam in our country; the subjugation of women in Islamic culture; the integration of the many Muslims in the West: it is self-deceit to imagine that these issues will disappear.

I will continue to ask uncomfortable questions, despite the obvious resistance that they elicit. I feel that I should help other people to live in freedom, as many people have helped me. I personally have gone through a long and sometimes painful process of personal growth in this country. It began with learning to tell the truth to myself, and then the truth about myself: I strive now to also tell the truth about society as I see it.
Verdonk is right. This woman isn't Dutch. She's an American. Welcome, sister.

And if the loss of her EU citizenship poses an obstacle to entering the US, hopefully she knows to just come over the Mexican border.

If she survives long enough to get there.

UPDATE: Small bits of good news.
Verdonk said Monday that under Dutch law, Hirsi Ali's naturalization is automatically void since she lied to get it. But she said a day later that Hirsi Ali would retain an immigrant visa, and would be eligible to reapply for citizenship.

At the end of a parliament debate that lasted far into the early hours of Wednesday morning, Verdonk agreed to two motions, one to reconsider her first decision, and another to reprocess Hirsi Ali's naturalization as quickly as possible if necessary.

. . . Dutch media also reported that U.S. Ambassador Roland Arnall had met with Hirsi Ali to tell her the United States will accept her regardless of her Dutch immigration status.
Good. But with 12 million Mexican illegals and maybe two dudes with shotguns guarding 2,000 miles of border, I would sure as hell hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home